none
Hyper-V Switches and Bridges Interfering with IE 10 Performance

Question

• The tread I linked below is my original post describing my issue.  I have included quotes taken from the thread.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/8ebe8d01-16cd-4970-a519-2676174d206f/ie-10-takes-forever-to-load-once-windows-8-pro-starts-up?forum=ieitprocurrentver#f7e2a225-f648-4d1e-b19c-722f931d019d

This issue is got to be the strangest thing I have encountered on my own computer.  I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro and immediately IE 10 started behaving this way.

I reboot Windows 8 Pro (for whatever reason), the computer boots, I log in and then go to the desktop and try to open IE 10 in desktop mode from a icon pined to the taskbar.  The icon highlights as it normally does right before a browser opens, but no browser opens.  The icon eventually reverts back and 2 to 4 minutes later a browser opens.  I've looked at the task manager and iexplorer doesn't start when I hit the icon on the taskbar.  The odd thing is that this happened right after I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows Pro.  If anyone has any ideas let me know

So, the issue returned!  I have narrowed it down to either virtual switches and/or the network bridge created by Hyper-V in the Virtual Switch Manager.  After I created an External Virtual Switch linked to my WLAN card the issue began again.  I guessing that its the bridge since, as I understand it, that configuration is unique to creating an external virtual switch attached to WLAN card.  I also have not experienced this issue on any computer running Virtual Switches created by Hyper-V, however this is the first time I attached a virtual switch to a WLAN card.  I'll be moving this forum to the Hyper-V forums.

Remember to select 'Mark as Answer' for any reply that provided a solution

Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:12 PM

All replies

• I suggest a clean install over an upgrade

remember to backup

Corsair Carbide 300R with window
    Corsair TX850V2 70A@12V
    Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CFX/SLI
    AMD Phenom II 965 C3 Black Edition @ 4.0 GHz
    G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133 8 GB
    EVGA GTX 260 + BFG GTX 260 SLI 55nm 216 core (GT200 Tesla)
    Asus PA238QR IPS LED HDMI DP 1080p
    ST2000DM001 & Windows 8.1 x64 Professional
    LG WH14NS40 14X Blu-Ray Writer BDXL 128GB
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000
    Wacom Bamboo CHT470M

Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:49 PM
  • I went from Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro, that shouldn't cause to many drastic issues since I am simply adding features.  Also, since the issue has been narrowed down to Hyper-V and the virtual network devices it creates I doubt that doing a clean install has would help.

Remember to select 'Mark as Answer' for any reply that provided a solution

Sunday, October 06, 2013 8:33 PM