none
Aggregation in SSAS.

Question

• Hi,

I have one question about Advanced view of Aggregation tab. I have aggregation from A0 to A11. How can I identify which check box I have to check for each dimension attribute? Please see below snap.

Hi,

I have one question about Advanced view of Aggregation tab. I have aggregation from A0 to A11. How can I identify which check box I have to check for each dimension attribute? Please see below snap.Please help me to clear this

• Edited by NikkRED Sunday, May 18, 2014 4:57 PM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Nikk,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Hi Nikk,

There're lots of factors to design aggregation for SSAS cube. A good aggregation design actually will depend on your cube design, the underlying data(eg. How many records in a dimension table) and business query requirement(eg. what kinds of data will be most frequently accessed by applications or reports).

Usually we should use Aggregation Design wizard or Usage based optimization to design aggregations for cube. One scenario to manually design aggregations is to optimize one specified MDX. Here is a tool in the codeplex for your reference.

http://bidshelper.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Aggregation%20Manager&ProjectName=bidshelper

For one specified MDX, we can run it with cold cache, capture the profiler trace and check Query Subcube event with large duration. Then we can copy the TextData and use it to identity the required aggregation with Aggregation Manager tool.

Regards

Monday, May 26, 2014 11:16 AM
  • Thanks for reply..

From the above screen shot, we can see 11 aggregations are created.so, I just want to know which check box I need to select? The dimension you are seeing is Dim_Hierarchy contains Hid,Hname,..etc .Do I need to select all check boxes for all dimension attribute or select only selected check boxes?

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:56 PM
  • Hi NikkRED,

In case you are manually designing aggregations check the selected check boxes on which you require aggregation on.

Create multiple aggregation for each unique combination of dimension attributes.

Saurabh Kamath

Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:27 AM
  • thanks Saurabh,

Here,  How can I understand what all the  check boxes I need to select(from a0 to a11) for each dimension aatribute?

Friday, May 30, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Hi Saurabh,

Please help to get clarity on this...

Friday, June 13, 2014 1:22 PM