none
Training material for 70-659 (Server Virtualization, MS Server 2008 R2)

Question

• Can someone please recommend some training materials for this exam which I'm planning to take soon. There doesn't seem to be much out there. As far I know MS hasn't released a self-training kit for this yet.

Thank you very much!

Monday, May 23, 2011 9:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Very strange.  Microsoft has the following book listed as preparation material for this exam:

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-652): Configuring Windows Server Virtualization

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Hello Jeff,

Very strange, indeed! I contacted the training/certification support team asking if they had a training kit or anything of the like for prospective candidates, but apparently they haven't prepared any yet.

Which begs the question for me and I guess a few others, "what material am I supposed to use for preparation?". Like you say it is strange that they have recommended the above SPTK as you have noted, and although they share some material, that is for a different exam, more precisely for the Server 2008 material, as opposed to the 2008 R2.

I'm confused! :(

Thank you for the reply nevertheless.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:25 AM
  • I used the book Jeff mentions, plus documentation from the objectives for the exam mapped to the documentation on TechNet for the R2 differences.
    Enrique Lima Solutions Architect | Apparatus, Inc. | http://geekswithblogs.com/enriquelima
    Friday, May 27, 2011 3:58 AM
  • Hi,

If you're still out of luck fiinding a self training kit and want to go through the classroom training route, then check out this course.  We have a session coming up on June 20th if you are interested.  Best of luck!

http://www.solartechnj.com/course/10215.htm

Best,

Jason: jasonr@solartechnj.com

www.solartech.us

Friday, May 27, 2011 12:21 PM
  • For anyone else looking - you could download Mitch Tulloch's free ebook from the Microsoft download site (PDF format here) - it's been updated for Windows Server 2008 R2.

Friday, February 17, 2012 3:00 AM
  • For anyone else looking - you could download Mitch Tulloch's free ebook from the Microsoft download site (PDF format here) - it's been updated for Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks Ruth

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

Friday, February 17, 2012 3:25 AM