none
Problem change security options of hard disk partition

Question

• Hi,

I just formatted my pc and when I called I could not get access to a partition of the disk. So I went to check the permissions and security checked that my user did not have permissions. I tried adding the permissions but the following message appears to me:
    lacking to enumerate the objects in contentor.Acesso denied

Now I can access the disk and open the folders. However I can not see any picture or video of me because access is denied.

The only way to achieve access cmd.exe is running in administrator mode and open the files

Someone can tell me how can I fix this error?

VErificaçao imagens

Saturday, June 07, 2014 3:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I just formatted my pc and when I called I could not get access to a partition of the disk. So I went to check the permissions and security checked that my user did not have permissions. I tried adding the permissions but the following message appears to me:

Now I can access the disk and open the folders. However I can not see any picture or video of me because access is denied.

The only way to achieve access cmd.exe is running in administrator mode and open the files

VErificaçao imagens

To take ownership with full permissions on a drive, press the Windows Logo key+X (or right-click or press and hold the bottom left corner) and choose Command Prompt (Admin). Type these two commands (note the spaces within the commands), each followed by the Enter key, then close the Command Prompt.

In the example, I have used drive d: as the drive and John as the user name, change both of them accordingly.

takeown /f d:
    icacls d: /grant john:F

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians give the rest a bad name.

• Marked as answer by LeandroRodri Saturday, June 07, 2014 6:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by LeandroRodri Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by LeandroRodri Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:57 PM
    Saturday, June 07, 2014 4:52 PM
  • On closer examination I found that not all were folders with the correct permissions. Is there any parameter to the subfolders and files take the same owner?

VErificaçao imagens

The solution  is

takeown /f d: /r
    icacls d: /grant john:F /t

LR

Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

VErificaçao imagens

To take ownership with full permissions on a drive, press the Windows Logo key+X (or right-click or press and hold the bottom left corner) and choose Command Prompt (Admin). Type these two commands (note the spaces within the commands), each followed by the Enter key, then close the Command Prompt.

In the example, I have used drive d: as the drive and John as the user name, change both of them accordingly.

takeown /f d:
    icacls d: /grant john:F

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians give the rest a bad name.

• Marked as answer by LeandroRodri Saturday, June 07, 2014 6:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by LeandroRodri Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:04 PM
    Saturday, June 07, 2014 4:52 PM
  • HI PM BurrWalnut,

Firstly let me thank you. The steps worked correctly. Finally, thanks to you, I have access to my partition in its entirety.
    I do not know what caused this problem, several times I've ever done formatting but this problem had never happened to me. This partition was only an option to not be accessed by other users that were previously created on the PC. This option is configured in the local group policy, however it seems the most plausible justification for what happened.

Many thanks for the help

With best regards,

Leandro

VErificaçao imagens

Saturday, June 07, 2014 7:00 PM
  • On closer examination I found that not all were folders with the correct permissions. Is there any parameter to the subfolders and files take the same owner?

VErificaçao imagens

Saturday, June 07, 2014 9:59 PM

VErificaçao imagens

The solution  is

takeown /f d: /r
    icacls d: /grant john:F /t

LR

Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:57 PM