I currently have several web sites running on Server 2003 - IIS 6, Framework 3.5. I am upgrading one of the sites to use Framework 4.0. To convert the web site, I performed the following steps in IIS:
- Stopped the web site
- Edit properties
- AST.NET Tab - Changed version to 4.0
- Home Directory tab - Clicked "Remove" button for application name. Entered a unique new name and clicked "Create".
- Closed proprty window
- Moved my new code into local path
- Restarted website.
I then tested the website in IE and it worked fine. Rebooted the server, tested again, and now this website and all others were throwing error 503. I found the following entry in httperr.log:
503 N/A DefaultAppPool
I spent a considerable amount of time researching this error but was not able to determine a fix. Ultimately I had to revert the web site back to .Net version 2.0 in the ASP.NET tab to resolve the issue.
About a month ago I converted a different website on this server to Framework 4.0 and there were no problems. I am looking for advise on how to address this situation.
- Changed type Shaon ShanMicrosoft contingent staff, Moderator Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:36 AM IIS related
Hi, I would post on iis.net for such issue. You will receive help faster as they see more cases.
Thanks you for your understanding
MCP | MCTS - Exchange 2007, Configuring | Member of TechNet Wiki Community Council | French Moderator on TechNet Wiki (Translation Widget)