Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V, Generation 2 VMs and System Center 2012 R2 Preview

Question

• After running into issues using the Generation 2 VMs with the preview of Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2, it's obvious now that it may not be worth testing Hyper-V with System Center at this time. Is there any documentation that summarizes some of the specific features not supported in VMM R2? So far I've identified the following:

• Cannot deploy Generation 2 VM from VMM R2
    • VMM R2 shows HA VM as having normal availability
    • Refresh of VM in VMM R2 return error
    • Cannot Live Migrate via VMM R2
    • Configure Shared VHDX

If anyone runs into similar issues please post here.

Monday, July 01, 2013 11:55 PM

All replies

• Hi, i'm having the same issue with deploying G2 via VMM. Also, i'm not able to clone a running VM. BUT, live migrate works. From what i've read the "auto live migrate" (equal to VMwares DRS) is done with SCOM, (huh).. a seperate console. 

I was able to put my hyper-v hosts in maintenance mode one at a time while VMs were running.

It seems like allot of steps to get this going.. OS install then post install MPOI, FailOver Clustering Manager (and its requirements) , Hyper-V manager...

Yes, pls post similiar issues here. If anyone finds a good resource on HYPER-V features and its requirements please post.

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:31 PM