none
NTFS permissions not showing in ACL(Advanced Tab)

Question

• We have a Windows 2008 R2 File Server.  We have a folder on there that has the correct permissions showing in the Advanced ACL, but all users have effective permissions on that folder.  They should not according the ACL.  I know everyone will assume that I am not reconciling all the groups in the Advanced tab, etc. but I am.  I have broken inheritance, and reapplied NTFS permissions to all subfolder/files, in that folder but the problem persists.  There is only 1 group given permissions to this folder + Domain Admins, but if I go to effective permissions tab all users show access.  It is not an inheritance issue.  We do actually have that issue on (2)different folders and not sure where this came from.

I am thinking it is a filesystem issue, but do not want to un diskcheck against a 15TB volume because we are worried about the amount of time it will take.  I did install extra RAM to help speed it up in case that ever happens, and I have read the MS article about 2008r2 being faster than previous servers for diskchecks, but we do have more than a million files on that volume.  I am going to try and blow away all the permissions on these(2) folders tonight and then reapply, but does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Heim

Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:28 PM

Answers

All replies