none
Cant reverse door in/out or left/right any more

Question

• Suddenly im not able to use special abilities for shapes. For example i right click on a door and the menu comes up to change the orientation of the door.  I click it and nothing happens
    Friday, September 27, 2013 7:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think as you said if you created a new  floorplan template and it still not worked fine. I suppose that Visio 2010 Pro may be caused the issue.

I recommend we start the Visio in safe mode to check the issue and repair Visio in control panle.

Start the Visio program in safe mode:
    1.Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.
    2.Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Microsoft Visio.
    If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Visio program, we can try to disable them.
    Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Visio program:
    Disable add-ins

For more detail information, please refer to the following link:
    clean boot
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 04, 2013 1:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you use the Home plan or Floor plan template? Could you tell me which Visio version did you use? I tested your actions in my computer, and it worked fine.

Thus, I recommend you create a new blank template and create a door to test.Then we can confirm the issue caused by the original file or Visio client.

After that, we may repair Visio Program to check the issue.

Please let me know the result when you are free.

Regards,

George Zhao

Monday, September 30, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Im using Visio Pro 2010 Using the floorplan template.  Tried to start a new file in floorplan and use the door and it still does not work properly. 
    Tuesday, October 01, 2013 12:15 PM
  • Hi,

I think as you said if you created a new  floorplan template and it still not worked fine. I suppose that Visio 2010 Pro may be caused the issue.

I recommend we start the Visio in safe mode to check the issue and repair Visio in control panle.

Start the Visio program in safe mode:
    1.Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.
    2.Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Microsoft Visio.
    If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Visio program, we can try to disable them.
    Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Visio program:
    Disable add-ins

For more detail information, please refer to the following link:
    clean boot
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Regards,

George Zhao

Friday, October 04, 2013 1:00 AM