none
WSUS Email Notifications

Question

• I tried to enable wsus email notifications but this error came out after test..

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: 4.3.2 Service not available
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.SoapExceptionProcessor.DeserializeAndThrow(SoapException soapException)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.SendTestEmail(String emailLanguage, String smtpUserName, String senderEmailAddress, String smtpHostName, Int32 smtpPort, String recipients)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.EmailNotificationConfiguration.SendTestEmail()
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Dialogs.EmailNotificationSettingsDialog.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

I am using MS Win Svr 2008 R2 Std for WSUS 3.2.7600.22 & want to use email notifications with exchange 2010..

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Klone_2126,

Did you control that you did not make any mistake on your SMTP server settings and/or outgoing email server in the "Email Notifications" option panel ?

Maybe you have a proxy settings or are not trying to send email over the right port.

TiGrOu.

• Proposed as answer by elTiGrOu Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by klone_2126 Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:51 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Klone_2126,

Did you control that you did not make any mistake on your SMTP server settings and/or outgoing email server in the "Email Notifications" option panel ?

Maybe you have a proxy settings or are not trying to send email over the right port.

TiGrOu.

• Proposed as answer by elTiGrOu Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by klone_2126 Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:51 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 12:41 PM
  • Problem solved. Just know that my superior blocked internal ip from machine using scan to email & anything related. Now work perfectly..
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:37 AM