none
The Wsus administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server via the remote API

Question

• Hello,

I have problem to be connected to the snap in WSUS, i tried to reindex the database, to install all the fix for WSUS 3.0 SP2.

I have this result with a new installation or not, he was good to know i m using WSUS offline with import form a WSUS connected to the internet.

You can see the error:

The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server via the remote API.

Verify that the Update Services service, IIS and SQL are running on the server. If the problem persists, try restarting IIS, SQL, and the Update Services Service.

System.Net.WebException -- The operation has timed out

Source
    System.Web.Services

Stack Trace:
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.ApiRemotingCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ApiRemoting.ExecuteSPGetUpdateServerStatus(Int32 updateSources, Boolean includeDownstreamComputers, String updateScopeXml, String computerTargetScopeXml, String preferredCulture, Int32 publicationState, Int32 propertiesToGet)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.ExecuteSPGetUpdateServerStatus(UpdateSources updateSources, Boolean includeDownstreamComputers, String updateScopeXml, String computerTargetScopeXml, String preferredCulture, ExtendedPublicationState publicationState, UpdateServerStatusPropertiesToGet propertiesToGet)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServer.GetStatus(UpdateSources updateSources, Boolean includeDownstreamComputers, UpdateScope updatesToInclude, ComputerTargetScope computersToInclude, UpdateServerStatusPropertiesToGet propertiesToGet)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServer.GetUpdateStatus(UpdateScope updatesToInclude, Boolean includeDownstreamComputers)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.UpdatesSummaryPage.GetStatusChart(UpdateListScope scope)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.UpdatesSummaryPage.GetScopeStatusCharts()
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.UpdatesSummaryPage.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

System

- Provider

[ Name]  Windows Server Update Services

- EventID 7032

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 3

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2013-11-04T19:05:32.000000000Z

EventRecordID 38896

Channel Application

Computer SACY.ucr.clb.tcfr.thales

Security

- EventData

The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server via the remote API. Verify that the Update Services service, IIS and SQL are running on the server. If the problem persists, try restarting IIS, SQL, and the Update Services Service. System.Net.WebException -- The operation has timed out Source System.Web.Services Stack Trace: at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.ApiRemotingCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ApiRemoting.ExecuteSPGetUpdateServerStatus(Int32 updateSources, Boolean includeDownstreamComputers, String updateScopeXml, String computerTargetScopeXml, String preferredCulture, Int32 publicationState, Int32 propertiesToGet) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.ExecuteSPGetUpdateServerStatus(UpdateSources updateSources, Boolean includeDownstreamComputers, String updateScopeXml, String computerTargetScopeXml, String preferredCulture, ExtendedPublicationState publicationState, UpdateServerStatusPropertiesToGet propertiesToGet) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServer.GetStatus(UpdateSources updateSources, Boolean includeDownstreamComputers, UpdateScope updatesToInclude, ComputerTargetScope computersToInclude, UpdateServerStatusPropertiesToGet propertiesToGet) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServer.GetUpdateStatus(UpdateScope updatesToInclude, Boolean includeDownstreamComputers) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.UpdatesSummaryPage.GetStatusChart(UpdateListScope scope) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.UpdatesSummaryPage.GetScopeStatusCharts() at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.UpdatesSummaryPage.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Thanks for your help

Regards

Aristophane

Monday, November 04, 2013 6:04 PM

Answers

• I have already done a dbmaintenance and a cleanup but i still have the problem.

DBMaintenance and Server Cleanup Wizard are useless if you have an excessive number of approved updates.

Please see the blog series WSUS Timeout Issues for additional guidance.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Lawrence R Garvin
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Friday, November 08, 2013 9:35 PM

All replies

• I have this result with a new installation or not, he was good to know i m using WSUS offline with import form a WSUS connected to the internet.

I would suggest performing the appropriate maintenance on the connected server, and then rebuild the disconnected server with a new import after you've cleaned up the connected server.

SolarWinds Head Geek
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 2:21 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your aswer but what do you meen exactly about "appropriate maintenace"?

Aristophane

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:33 AM
  • I have already done a dbmaintenance and a cleanup but i still have the problem.
    Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:06 AM

DBMaintenance and Server Cleanup Wizard are useless if you have an excessive number of approved updates.

Please see the blog series WSUS Timeout Issues for additional guidance.

SolarWinds Head Geek

Friday, November 08, 2013 9:35 PM