none
Questions about Budget etc.

Question

• There are some questions I was wondering about.

If you create a dashboard to display the value of actual and budget this year.

My questions are:

How do you positioning the value of the budget in the data warehouse? Do you have a DW model to display?

Do you have the value of the budget in a excel or application? If you use an application, what is the name of it?
    Saturday, June 07, 2014 3:35 PM

All replies

• There are some questions I was wondering about.

If you create a dashboard to display the value of actual and budget this year.

My questions are:

How do you positioning the value of the budget in the data warehouse? Do you have a DW model to display?

Do you have the value of the budget in a excel or application? If you use an application, what is the name of it?

Thursday, June 05, 2014 8:35 PM
  • We have table setup in datawarehouse for storing budget values. This will be populated by Finance per year based on some calculations. We use this to display in reports and do some calculations like Actual vs Budget etc.

We also give users ability to do What If analysis on Budget figures by enabling write back on the cube which will be captured in database and changes reflected to original tables.

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue Visakh ---------------------------- http://visakhm.blogspot.com/ https://www.facebook.com/VmBlogs

Saturday, June 07, 2014 6:01 PM
  • Hi Sakura,

1. The actual cost and budget columns should be in the same or different fact tables.

2. Not clear about your question. Do you mean how to design the budget column when building the Dimensional Model? The Dimensional model can be designed in Excel worksheets and use macro to generate the script eventually. Of course, you can use other tools like ERwin, PowerDesigner, Visual Studio Database Project, etc.

Regards, Leo

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:54 AM