none
Filter Tab on windows 2008 R2

Question

• Greetings am unable to find the filter tab in my DHCP Server.

i tried evey thing but the DHCP properites doesnot have the Filter tab. how can i add it

thank you

web and Multimedia Developer

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• That tab is not under the DHCP properties.

In the DHCP console, right-click the IPv4 node, and then click Properties, you will find the Filters tab there.

Sachin Gadhave (MCP, MCTS)

View Sachin Gadhave's profile on LinkedIn

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:07 PM
  • Its not thier i tried

please see attached

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:38 PM
  • Which OS version is yours? If its not Windows 2008 R2 then the MAC Address based filtering is not available by default. You need to configure DHCP Server Callout DLL for MAC Address based filtering.

Follow these instructions-

http://blogs.technet.com/b/teamdhcp/archive/2007/10/03/dhcp-server-callout-dll-for-mac-address-based-filtering.aspx

Also for your reference-

How to configure Link Layer based filtering

http://blogs.technet.com/b/teamdhcp/archive/2009/01/29/how-to-configure-link-layer-based-filtering.aspx

Also look for errors relating to the blue exclamation mark on the ipv4 node that might be blocking some features.

Sachin Gadhave (MCP, MCTS)

View Sachin Gadhave's profile on LinkedIn

• Edited by Sachin Gadhave Friday, April 27, 2012 9:39 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Tiger Li Wednesday, May 02, 2012 12:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tiger Li Thursday, May 03, 2012 9:15 AM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 9:37 AM
  • Hi doaud,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you try to backup current configurations and database of DHCP service on this server and remove/reinstall DHCP role and see if the filter feature will come back. The commands and procedures could be acquired form the blog post below:

Migration of DHCP Server from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008

http://blogs.technet.com/b/teamdhcp/archive/2009/02/18/migration-of-dhcp-server-from-windows-server-2003-to-windows-server-2008.aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Tiger Li Wednesday, May 02, 2012 12:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tiger Li Thursday, May 03, 2012 9:15 AM
    Monday, April 30, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Its not thier i tried

ase see attached

Hello Doaud,

have you managed to solve the problem? is the filters tab showing now on your DHCP server?

I am facing exactly the same problem that you have, and found no other links online to solving this issue.

the only other person who seem to have my problem is you... so i was wondering if you solved yours or not... and was wondering if you can post out what you had to do to solve the issue...

thanks you for your help

regards

Husam

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:16 AM