none
Uninstall SCE 2010

Question

• Hi!

I am planning to replace SCE 2010 for SCCM 2012 when it comes available. Needless to say I will then need to get rid of SCE which is something I've never done before. I have hovever read around and found some information, but nothing that i consider conclusive.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is THIS sufficient?

My SCE server is a standalone server which is connected to a remote SQL server. I understand that SCE does make changes to AD/GPO and this is the part that I am most curious about.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before you uninstall the SCE server components make sure you uninstall all of your server and client agents. When this is done you can just uninstall SCE from the Coontrol Panel on the server

Björn Axell MVP http://blog.advisec.com
    • Marked as answer by Yog LiModerator Friday, January 20, 2012 9:52 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by HansMarius Friday, April 20, 2012 11:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by HansMarius Friday, April 20, 2012 11:50 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:41 PM
  • Hello Hans,

I agree with Björn. And for your further information, here are some articles provide step-by-step instructions for uninstalling System Center Essentials 2010.

Task Reference

Uninstall Essentials server

How to Uninstall Essentials Management Server

Uninstall Essentials console

How to Uninstall Essentials Console From a Remote Computer

Uninstall Essentials Reporting Server

How to Uninstall Essentials Reporting Server From a Remote Database Server

Uninstall Essentials Agents

How to Uninstall Manually Installed Essentials Agents

Use a command line to uninstall Essentials

How to Use a Command Prompt to Uninstall Essentials

Hope it helps,

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

In the first article, you can find:

The process of uninstalling Essentials 2010 also uninstalls the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server and Group Policy objects (GPOs) that specify where the managed computers retrieve updates.

Generally, you do not have to remove the GPOs manually. If there's any problem to uninstall the SCE server and you have to manually clear the AD configurations, the following steps will help you:

1. Delete the two SCE GPO that was created during the fist setup. This can be done from Group Policy management Console or through Active Directiry Users and Computers. The name of the policys is "SCE Managed Computers Group Policy (Your_Old_Server_MG)" and "System Center Essentials All Computers Policy"

2. Delete the security group that was created during the first setup. This can be done from Active Directory Users and Computers. The name of the group is SCE Managed Computers (Your_Old_Server_MG)

3. Delete the SCE Service Connection Point (SCP) objects:

• 1) On the Domain Controller, open ADSI Edit (Start – Run – Adsiedit.msc).
    • 2) Right click on the “Domain” tree and select New – Query.
    • 3) In the New Query window, enter the following:
            Name: SCESCP Query
            Root of Search: <domain name>
            Query String: (&(objectCategory=serviceConnectionPoint)(cn=SCE_2010_SCP))
    • 4) Click on OK.
    • 5) Expand the Domain node in ADSI Edit and select the “SCESCP Query” node.
    • 6) A “CN=SCE_2010_SCP” object should be listed in the right-hand pane, with a distinguished name of“CN=SCE_2010_SCP,CN=<ComputerName>,CN=<OUName>,DC=<DomainName>,DC=com”. This tells us which computer account has the SCE SCP.
    • 7) After confirming that System Center Essentials is not being used on this server, delete the SCE_2010_SCP object from the “SCESCP Query” node in ADSI Edit.

Thank,

Yog Li

Monday, January 16, 2012 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Before you uninstall the SCE server components make sure you uninstall all of your server and client agents. When this is done you can just uninstall SCE from the Coontrol Panel on the server

Björn Axell MVP http://blog.advisec.com
    • Marked as answer by Yog LiModerator Friday, January 20, 2012 9:52 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by HansMarius Friday, April 20, 2012 11:50 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:41 PM
  • Hello Hans,

I agree with Björn. And for your further information, here are some articles provide step-by-step instructions for uninstalling System Center Essentials 2010.

Task Reference

Uninstall Essentials server

How to Uninstall Essentials Management Server

Uninstall Essentials console

How to Uninstall Essentials Console From a Remote Computer

Uninstall Essentials Reporting Server

How to Uninstall Essentials Reporting Server From a Remote Database Server

Uninstall Essentials Agents

How to Uninstall Manually Installed Essentials Agents

Use a command line to uninstall Essentials

How to Use a Command Prompt to Uninstall Essentials

Hope it helps,

Yog Li

Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Thank you very much both of you.

However, I do not see any way to remove AD/GPO remnants from my domain controller in any of your links?

Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

The process of uninstalling Essentials 2010 also uninstalls the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server and Group Policy objects (GPOs) that specify where the managed computers retrieve updates.

Generally, you do not have to remove the GPOs manually. If there's any problem to uninstall the SCE server and you have to manually clear the AD configurations, the following steps will help you:

1. Delete the two SCE GPO that was created during the fist setup. This can be done from Group Policy management Console or through Active Directiry Users and Computers. The name of the policys is "SCE Managed Computers Group Policy (Your_Old_Server_MG)" and "System Center Essentials All Computers Policy"

2. Delete the security group that was created during the first setup. This can be done from Active Directory Users and Computers. The name of the group is SCE Managed Computers (Your_Old_Server_MG)

• 4) Click on OK.
    • 6) A “CN=SCE_2010_SCP” object should be listed in the right-hand pane, with a distinguished name of“CN=SCE_2010_SCP,CN=<ComputerName>,CN=<OUName>,DC=<DomainName>,DC=com”. This tells us which computer account has the SCE SCP.
    • 7) After confirming that System Center Essentials is not being used on this server, delete the SCE_2010_SCP object from the “SCESCP Query” node in ADSI Edit.

Thank,

Yog Li

Monday, January 16, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

• 4) Click on OK.

Thank,

Yog Li

Hello Yog Li.
    I have another one problem after uninstalling SCE 2010 - GPO still appears, after some time (a month, or two).
    I deleted SCP, Security Groups and GPOs, but only GPO evently appears =(

how to fix this?

Thanks!

-=C U=-

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Any ideas?

-=C U=-

Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Any ideas?

-=C U=-

up pls

-=C U=-