none
HOW TO FORMAT AND SET-UP TO IMPORT ASCII CALIF CORP FILE BY CALIF SECRETARY OF STATE?

Question

• Dear Sir:

I purchased a California Corporation file (3 Million records) from California Secretary of State. It is a ASCII format. I used a column import with fixed width (SQL Server). I formated based on their Master Record Field Definitions. Howeveer, the preview does not show the alignment that data description shows.

If somebody can call me and help me in the above problem.

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:29 AM

Answers

• Hello Mike,

Was it really necessary to post this question 9 times spreaded over several SQL Server forums?

If the align don't fit, then you have a mistake in the column definitions for the fixed width. Validate this first, before you spam the forums.

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:39 AM

All replies

• Dear Sir:

I purchased a California Corporation file (3 Million records) from California Secretary of State. It is a ASCII format. I used a column import with fixed width (SQL Server). I formated based on their Master Record Field Definitions. Howeveer, the preview does not show the alignment that data description shows.

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:21 AM
  • Dear Sir:

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:13 AM
  • Dear Sir:

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:14 AM
  • Dear Sir:

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:15 AM
  • Dear Sir:

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:19 AM
  • Dear Sir:

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:27 AM
  • Dear Sir:

Sincerely yours,

Mike Furukawa

310-839-4889

mfuru15107@aol.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:28 AM
  • Hello Mike,

Was it really necessary to post this question 9 times spreaded over several SQL Server forums?

If the align don't fit, then you have a mistake in the column definitions for the fixed width. Validate this first, before you spam the forums.

Olaf Helper

Blog Xing

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:39 AM