none
KB2817315 and KB2810085 keep showing as Missing/required in SharePoint 2013 farm

Question

• I'm new to SharePoint 2013 and after much research, there's an issue I cannot find an answer to. I have applied all Windows patches to all the servers in my Dev Farm when I go to Central Administration and click on 'Check product and patch installation status', two patches (KB2817315 and KB2810085) keep showing as Missing/required. I also ran SP Config Wizard but it also showed those two patches as missing/required. Can someone tell me what needs to be done. Thanks.

Chicagoguy

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:26 PM

Answers

• Download and install those patches on the server(s) that indicate they're missing.  Then run the Config Wizard.  There are additional steps to take if that does not resolve the issue.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by SPSupport Friday, November 22, 2013 7:14 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:56 PM
  • these are SP updates but you mentioned windows patched.what build level you are, apply the lastest CU and run the config wizard, otherwise As Trevor mentioned just download both KB and install.

is it showing for the all server in farm or only couple?

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:26 PM

All replies

• Download and install those patches on the server(s) that indicate they're missing.  Then run the Config Wizard.  There are additional steps to take if that does not resolve the issue.

Trevor Seward, MCC

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:56 PM
  • these are SP updates but you mentioned windows patched.what build level you are, apply the lastest CU and run the config wizard, otherwise As Trevor mentioned just download both KB and install.

is it showing for the all server in farm or only couple?

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:26 PM
  • Trevor and Waqas,

I have already downloaded these SP updates to the individual boxes but it show them already installed. Config Wizard still shows them missing on WFE and APP boxes (farm has 1 each of App, WFE, WFL, OWA and SQL boxes).

Would running the PSconfig tool to complete the installation ( as suggested by MS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817315) help? If so, with what switch?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15

tkhan

Friday, November 22, 2013 2:44 PM
  • In that case, run:

Get-SPProduct -Local

on the server that says it is missing the patches, then run the Config Wizard on that server.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:03 PM
  • Thanks guys. It is resolved now. I guess sometimes you have to read between the lines. I was running the updates instead of downloading them. Saving and then installing them on both App and WFE boxes did the trick. Running the Config Wizard wasn't required either.

tkhan

Friday, November 22, 2013 7:20 PM