none
Primary Domain controller cannot connect to the internet

Question

• Good day,

I have a domain controller and has DNS service installed also on it. But other workstations connected to the domain can connect to the internet but the domain controller itself cannot.

I need for you to help me out on this.

Thank you.

Monday, June 16, 2014 4:05 PM

Answers

• Please post the output of 'ipconfig /all' here. Give some more insight into the configuration.

I assume that the Domain Controller is pointing to itself as the DNS Server and that the DC is able to successfully PING the gateway (which should be the same as that configured in the Workstations).

If there are nay proxy servers in the network, ensure that the DC is not being blocked by it.

Also, ensure that IE Enhanced security is turned Off (Just to confirm that it is not what you see while browsing the IE)

Monday, June 16, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Hello,

is this still an existing problem?

If yes, please provide the requested ipconfig /all from the DC/DNS server and a client with problems.

Also assure that the DNS server has configured the FORWARDER in the DNS server properties in the DNS management console.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 7:21 AM

All replies

• Please post the output of 'ipconfig /all' here. Give some more insight into the configuration.

I assume that the Domain Controller is pointing to itself as the DNS Server and that the DC is able to successfully PING the gateway (which should be the same as that configured in the Workstations).

If there are nay proxy servers in the network, ensure that the DC is not being blocked by it.

Also, ensure that IE Enhanced security is turned Off (Just to confirm that it is not what you see while browsing the IE)

Monday, June 16, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Hello,

is this still an existing problem?

If yes, please provide the requested ipconfig /all from the DC/DNS server and a client with problems.

Also assure that the DNS server has configured the FORWARDER in the DNS server properties in the DNS management console.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
    MVP, MCP, MCTS
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 7:21 AM