none
My Camera

Question

• My laptop is new. I got it in March. I turned on my webcam and it says too get started please conect a camera.  I asked geek squad they took over my laptop and couldnt help me. About a week later it was working fine i dont know what i did but it was fine. I now have another problem with it it is displaying the same thing and i cant even use skype or a downloaded camera app. I need my camera/webcam its the one that is already installed into the laptop. I need it for skype for school so its very important any ideas?? I was told it could be a actual physical issue meaning i may have dropped it or something but i havnt im very careful with my electronics. please help im not sure if this is the right place too be asking questions like this but its worth a shot. I am pretty clueless about stuff like this.
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:01 PM

Answers

• Which laptop model are you using?

Suggestions:

1.Download and install the camera app via Windows Store and recheck the issue.

2.Download and install the default webcam application from the website of the laptop manufacturer.You must be sure that the application which you are going to download is compatible for your model.

• Open “Device Manager”.
    • Under “Imaging Devices”, you will find the 'Webcam' listed.
    • Right click and uninstall. 
    • Restart and see if it makes any difference.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:08 AM