none
RemoteApp and Desktop Connections returns Error code: 0x80040205

Question

• I have 2 session hosts and 1 gateway publishing apps via the RDWeb portal.  Apps are accessible via the web interface but I am not able to add the resources to the "RemoteApp and Desktop Connections" Control Panel section on any machine.  I receive Error code: 0x80040205, 0x1F4 when i attempt to connect to the farm using the "set up a new connection ..." wizard.  I have reviewed all information online about common issues but none seem to resolve my issue.  I should add this happens while on the local subnet as well.  Having this functionality will allow me to deploy Surface RT tablets to a mobile workforce using the new Remote Desktop App.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, your my only hope.  

Thursday, August 01, 2013 9:12 PM

Answers

• That error code means that the RemoteApp and Desktop Connection client received an HTTP 500 response when it tried to download the XML feed it needs from the RD Web Access server. I suggest taking a look at the IIS logs and event logs on your RD Web Access server to see if you can identify the problem. If that is not enough, you can also enable RD Web Access tracing, which will give extensive debug messages. Tracing can be enabled by modifying the %windir%\Web\RDWeb\Web.config file in notepad. Instructions on how to make the modifications are included in the file.

Hope that helps,

Travis Howe | RDS Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/default.aspx

Friday, August 02, 2013 6:29 PM