none
Old phone number

Question

• Hello,

I changed the phone number for a user.  It still displays the old one.  It's been more than 48 hours.  I run update-csaddressbook.  I do not have this user in my outlook, but it does not matter because the old phone number is also displayed on his CS-600 phone.

Any ideas?

Thank you. Eric.

Friday, July 19, 2013 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Eric,

As per your information you have already changed Phone number in AD and Lync as well.

However it is not reflecting means smothing is with AD replication only.

Because information which you updated in AD will dispaly in Lync and exchange (GAL and address book).

I am suspecting it is issue with AD replication.

Kindly check your AD replication and see the event log on DC..

Regards

Balu Ilag [MVP-Lync]

Regards Balu Ilag MCSA, MCITP

Friday, July 19, 2013 10:53 PM
  • Did you input an E.164 phone number? If it is not a phone number of E.164, you need to check you have the related normalization rule to normalize the phone number. Please check the new number is not in the file invalid_AD_Phone_numbers.txt. For the details, see

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2012/06/21/lyncmd-troubleshooting-the-lync-2010-address-book.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 22, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Eric, has the old number been removed from the Telephone Number field in the users Active Directory properties and then added to the new user in the same location? If this has not been performed, please make this change and run update-csaddressbook and then force an address book download on your client to confirm this has solved the problem.

Regards.

http://www.b4z.co.uk

Friday, July 19, 2013 4:24 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.  It was done long time ago.  I changed the phone in AD and in Lync for this users.  This is not the first time I am changing the phone number, but I have not seen this problem before.

Thank you. Eric.

Friday, July 19, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hello Eric,

As per your information you have already changed Phone number in AD and Lync as well.

However it is not reflecting means smothing is with AD replication only.

Because information which you updated in AD will dispaly in Lync and exchange (GAL and address book).

I am suspecting it is issue with AD replication.

Kindly check your AD replication and see the event log on DC..

Regards

Balu Ilag [MVP-Lync]

Regards Balu Ilag MCSA, MCITP

Friday, July 19, 2013 10:53 PM
  • Did you input an E.164 phone number? If it is not a phone number of E.164, you need to check you have the related normalization rule to normalize the phone number. Please check the new number is not in the file invalid_AD_Phone_numbers.txt. For the details, see

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2012/06/21/lyncmd-troubleshooting-the-lync-2010-address-book.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 22, 2013 8:51 AM