none
MDT 2013: howto continue task sequence (when network error occured)

Question

• Hi,

I'm troubleshooting a task sequence. Now I found network settings were not ok. Adapted that but now I would like to continue the task sequence.
    How can I do that?

J.

Jan Hoedt

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:50 PM

Answers

• Task Sequences are linear, meaning that you can't go back and run a step again, you must restart the Task Sequence from scratch.

Sometimes the Task Sequence fails, and you can re-start where you left off, but it's situation specific.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:06 PM

All replies

• Task Sequences are linear, meaning that you can't go back and run a step again, you must restart the Task Sequence from scratch.

Sometimes the Task Sequence fails, and you can re-start where you left off, but it's situation specific.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:06 PM
  • It must be posible to restart the task sequence. My task sequence didn't found the deployment share and then asked to retry, when I corrected the Ip and retried, it continued.
    You can also pause a task sequence, that means you can trigger it to pause. If you can pause, you can continue. If you can continue, there must be a mechanism to tell it to, some vbs to run.
    Btw, when you pause a task sequence and take a snapshot (vmware), you can restart the task sequence from that snapshot, so you don't have to start from scratch.

Jan Hoedt

Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:56 PM