none
any ideas for starting mssql in a windows live environment from a drive that has windows installed

Question

• This will probably be a strange question,

If you have a server that has mssql and you boot the server into a live windows environment ( loaded into memory on the server  much like a live distro of linux.) is there any way to start mssql in that live environment?  im guessing here, maybe load the hive, copy some things to the live environment?

this can be done with linux and mysql and any other application/software installed in linux without issue. i was wondering if there was something similar that could be done in a windows live environment.

thanks for reading.

Thursday, August 07, 2014 7:05 PM

Answers

• Hi anita,

I’m writing to follow up with you on this post. Was the problem resolved? If not, as other post, you need to explain the detail about your issue about starting SQL Server.  What is a live windows environment, in addition, we need to verify if you want to start SQL Server Service after installing SQL Server instance in your Windows Operation System.

Usually, if you start SQL Server service, you can use SQL Server Configuration Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, net commands from a command prompt, Transact-SQL, or PowerShell. There is an article about how to start , stop, pause, resume, or restart the Database Engine and so on.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh403394.aspx

Thanks,

Sofiya Li

Sofiya Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 11, 2014 7:50 AM

All replies

• Either I am not able to understand your question or you are asking some strange thing. Can you rephrase your question what you actually require.

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

My TechNet Wiki Articles

Thursday, August 07, 2014 8:55 PM
  • Hi anita,

I’m writing to follow up with you on this post. Was the problem resolved? If not, as other post, you need to explain the detail about your issue about starting SQL Server.  What is a live windows environment, in addition, we need to verify if you want to start SQL Server Service after installing SQL Server instance in your Windows Operation System.

Usually, if you start SQL Server service, you can use SQL Server Configuration Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, net commands from a command prompt, Transact-SQL, or PowerShell. There is an article about how to start , stop, pause, resume, or restart the Database Engine and so on.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh403394.aspx

Thanks,

Sofiya Li

Sofiya Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 11, 2014 7:50 AM