none
‘People Search Core Result’ web part with ‘office’ filter in Keyword Query is not returning results

Question

• I have created a page with "People search core result" web part on SharePoint 2010.

When I try to use the setting (A) or (C) as shown below, there is no results been returned but when set to setting (B), there are results been returned.

In the returned results I can see the OfficeNumber field is been populated with values and some of them is "UK Finance".

Setting (A)

Result Query Options

-- Fixed Keyword Query = contentclass:spspeople -- Append Text To Query = Department:"Finance" AND OfficeNumber:"UK Finance"

Setting (B)

Result Query Options

--- Fixed Keyword Query = contentclass:spspeople --- Append Text To Query = Department:"Finance"

Setting (C)

Result Query Options

--- Fixed Keyword Query = contentclass:spspeople --- Append Text To Query = OfficeNumber:"UK Finance"

What am I doing wrong here? Am I missing something? Do I need any additional configuration in order to get this to work?

I hope someone could help me or point me to the right direction.

Thank you

muges

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 9:12 PM

Answers

• You might want to check the Manage User Properties area of the User Profile Service in Central Admin.

Any properties you query on should be marked "Indexed" or "Use in Scopes".  You can also check that you are using the correct internal name for these properties.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:47 PM

All replies