none
Resolving Trace Providers name from hashes

General discussion

• Hello folks,

I've got a question regarding Event Trace Sessions. When modifying an existing Data Collector Set, I've seen that there are some "Trace Providers" that are seen like hashes and not having a proper name. Is there any way in which you can find what are the real trace providers by having their hashes? I'm interested in some particulars regarding a "Wbadminuiinbuilttracing" error that is present all the time in event viewer on one of my Windows SQL 2008 nodes. I've seen some resolutions like "ignore" it. The best way from what is know is stopping the Wbadminuiinbuilttracing Data Collector Set from Event Trace Sessions but this is not a real resolution, but more like a walk around.

The error is something like:

Session "WbadminUIInBuiltTracing" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 

I think that if I can find out the exact sources from which the error is generated, maybe I can fix the real problem.

or example, in another Data Collector Set the Trace Providers are named like Ntfs_NtfsLog but in my Wbadminuiinbuilttracing DCS, the Providers are something like {5602C36E-B813-49D1-A1AA-A0C2D43B4F38} - this is an actual entry

I know all the threads about this error so please don't give me pointers to old threads because non had a real resolution. I just need to know if there is a way to find out the trace sources from their hashes

Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:37 PM