none
Error during LDAP over SSL Verification

Question

• Can anyone tell me what this LDAP error message is?  It appears that ADserver1 is configure to support SSL, and it establishes the connection over port 636, but I am not sure why it is throwing out the error messages before making the connection.  Is that really an error or Error =0 means, there is no error and the connection is successful?

ld = ldap_sslinit("ADserver1", 636, 1);
    Error 0 = ldap_set_option(hLdap, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3);
    Error 0 = ldap_connect(hLdap, NULL);
    Error 0 = ldap_get_option(hLdap,LDAP_OPT_SSL,(void*)&lv);
    Host supports SSL, SSL cipher strength = 128 bits
    Established connection to ADserver1.

Monday, July 08, 2013 7:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• That is the output from ldp.exe & that is expected result. You no need to worry. Error 0 mean all are working fine.

ALL IS OK. :)

Regards
    Biswajit Biswas
    My Blogs|TechnetWiki Ninja

Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin

Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:08 AM
  • in addition, for checking the health for PKI use the below link.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/pki/archive/2011/02/28/quick-check-on-adcs-health-using-enterprise-pki-tool-pkiview.aspx

But you no need to worry for your output. ALL IS WELL with that.

Regards
    Biswajit Biswas
    My Blogs|TechnetWiki Ninja

Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin

Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:26 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards

Kevin
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:23 AM