none
Un Revoke a Revoked RDS Device Cal

Question

• I am an IT contractor whose company policy is to revoke Remote Desktop Device Cals for Execs when they leave our org.  As it turns out the information was wrong (an off the cuff comment) and the exec is still with the company, and now I need to figure out to un revoke his Device Cal so that he can connect with his laptop.  How do I do this
    Friday, July 19, 2013 6:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as i know,if you want to UnRevoke a Revoked RDS Device Cal ,you need to call the clearing house.Because the device cals will be bound to the specific  device when first used. Please contact the License Clearing House and they will help you with activation and installation.

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as i know,if you want to UnRevoke a Revoked RDS Device Cal ,you need to call the clearing house.Because the device cals will be bound to the specific  device when first used. Please contact the License Clearing House and they will help you with activation and installation.

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Hi Clarence,

I have been working up the courage to do this - Do I need to

1. uninstall the RDS License Server Role 1st,
    2. then re-install the Role,
    3. then finally activate the License Server

Will the existing devices whose Device Cals are allocated (to PC's and Wyse Terminals) be ok after this action.  Are you able to confirm confidently.

I called the activation centre and it all seemed a bit over their head..... it was dificult to explain what the problem was.  Went thru the process of re-activating the RDS licensing server and nothing changed. 

I am reluctant to proceed until I have confidence that uninstalling/reinstalling the RDS License Mgr role is the safest method to address the issue

• Edited by MBKITMGR Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:21 AM Add more information
    Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:56 AM