none
New Incoming Connection Error?

Question

• Hi

When I try to add a new incoming connection I get this error:

Because Routing and Remote access is already configured, you must use the Routing and Remote Access system console to configure this machine to receive incoming connections. Cancel changes and switch to this console?

Yes | No

Than After I hit ok it gives me this error:

MMC cannot open the file C:\Windows\system32\rrasmgmt.msc

This may be because the file does not exist, is not an mmc console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.

I don't know how to fix it I searched up lots of things but got no where it all gives me windows server 2003 or windows server 2008 im running Windows 7 Home Premium so im not sure how to fix please help me thanks :)

and also VPN worked at one time like a year ago and the file rrasmgmt.msc dosnt exist I looked already

Friday, October 04, 2013 6:07 AM

Answers

•   I think that the error message is a red herring. RRAS only runs on the server OS.

I don't think that you can have more than one incoming connection in the client OS. Perhaps that is what it is trying to tell you.

Bill

Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:05 AM

All replies

•   I think that the error message is a red herring. RRAS only runs on the server OS.

I don't think that you can have more than one incoming connection in the client OS. Perhaps that is what it is trying to tell you.

Bill

Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:05 AM
  • No i dot think so it worked before an theres no imcoming connectings so i donno why it gives me the error i think theres something wrong with it idont have RRAS on it so why its telling me to use it makes no sense
    Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:31 AM
  • Hi,

As Bill said, Win 7 being a client OS can maintain only one VPN connection at the time.
    Real Server OS and Stand alone VPN appliances can maintain more than one connection.

Thanks!
    Monday, October 07, 2013 9:04 AM
  • The problem is i dont see any VPNs or anything configured ?
    Monday, October 07, 2013 7:19 PM