none
Store Multiple package variable in SQL Server

Question

• As you might know that using SQL Server Configuration SSIS package variable value can be stored. However, I am wondering how can I store variables from multiple package with same name. For example, SSIS package1 has variable DBcon. Similarly, package 2 has DBcon. How can I store both these values into a SQL server db? Although there is a common SSIS Configuration table in SQL server, there is no column to separate these ConfigurationFilters using Package name.
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:18 AM

Answers

• Yes, If you want to pass different values to different packages.

Rajkumar

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:45 AM
  • You can map the variables between packages using parent variable only if you want to inherit the value of parent package to child package, but in case you want to have diff values you should not have same name and you have to pass all the variables from config, let me know if this ans your question

Thanks and Regards, Prajesh Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you would like to seperate the two variables according to the package, You must use two different configuration filters or two different variable names.

Rajkumar

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:37 AM
  • I have total 10 SSIS package each containing 10 variables. Does this mean I will have 100(10x10) rows in the SSIS Configuration table?
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:40 AM
  • Yes, If you want to pass different values to different packages.

Rajkumar

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:45 AM
  • You can map the variables between packages using parent variable only if you want to inherit the value of parent package to child package, but in case you want to have diff values you should not have same name and you have to pass all the variables from config, let me know if this ans your question

Thanks and Regards, Prajesh Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:59 PM