none
Maik Koster's MDT Web Service - Implementation

Question

• I have successfully installed Maik Koster's MDT web service. I basically would like to use it to add computers to a printer installation AD group during deployment. Now how can I implement this into my deployments/TS?
    Monday, August 26, 2013 9:38 PM

All replies

• I came across this article on his blog that is the basic functionality but I am looking to have another wizard page with check boxes for each printer. The selected printers correspond to AD groups that install the printer on reboot.
    Monday, August 26, 2013 10:40 PM
  • Any ideas?
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:00 PM
  • So, you want a Wizard Pane that shows the list of AD groups that you use for printer installation via GPO and then when one (or more) are selected to call the web service to put the device into that AD group?

I'd look at DeployWiz_Applications (XML / VBS) since that's a Wizard Pane that already reads and XML file and displays a list of items with check boxes.  You'd need to clone it, change the XML it reads from, probably drop the AdminPassword component.  Then, just run a script after it (VBScript or Powershell) that read the values that were selected and call the MDT Web Service to make the appropriate changes.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:33 AM
    Answerer
  • So, you want a Wizard Pane that shows the list of AD groups that you use for printer installation via GPO and then when one (or more) are selected to call the web service to put the device into that AD group?

Yes this is basically what I was thinking. Can you think of an easier way to do it? Maybe without creating a new wizard pane? Any input is appreciated.
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:55 PM