none
0% Available (Plugged in, Not Charging) ACER TimelineX 5830TG

Question

• Notebook Config-

ACER TimelineX 5830TG (Built-in Battery)

A couple of days back I left my notebook plugged in for the whole day. When I came back from work I tried to run it on Battery, but it won't work Upon trying to connect it directly its working, but it says 0% Available (Plugged in, Not Charging)

Since this is a known issue, I got a number of troubleshooting steps online:

1. BIOS Flashing/Update: DONE, no success
    2. Windows Update: DONE, no success
    3. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver Uninstalled then restarted the Notebook: DONE, no success

Since this notebook has an In-Built Battery, the only thing I couldn't try- is removing battery and reinserting it.

Although, I think my misadventure of keeping the power plugged in all day might have fried my Battery, I still want to tryout all the OS Level troubleshooting steps before buying a new Battery.

PLEASE HELP!!! :)

Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:30 PM

Answers

• You need to take your laptop to Acer or a computer repair shop for diagnostics.  The battery charging system is part of the hardware and I do not know of any way to apply any type of patch to Windows 7 to alleviate a problem with a piece of the computer hardware.  Leaving the system plugged in should not fry the battery unless there are defective hardware components in the battery charging control hardware.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:30 PM

All replies

• You need to take your laptop to Acer or a computer repair shop for diagnostics.  The battery charging system is part of the hardware and I do not know of any way to apply any type of patch to Windows 7 to alleviate a problem with a piece of the computer hardware.  Leaving the system plugged in should not fry the battery unless there are defective hardware components in the battery charging control hardware.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:30 PM
  • There are some Windows 7 issues with batteries (see this 11 part series of threads on the matter).  However I think Rick is right on this one.  If all you did was leave it plugged in for one day and the battery is now at 0% with no charge, it sounds like a bad battery.
    Monday, July 15, 2013 6:35 PM
  • Hi Amit,

In my view, the solution Rick provided is the best effective. In addition, you could try to unplug  notebook’s battery then reinstall it for test.

Best regards,

Karen Hu

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:53 AM