none
MDT 2012 Boot Credentials not showing up only BLACK Screen.

Question

• Hello EveryOne,

I have strange and unlikely .. issue.

It goes like when I you have 500 computers.

And 100 of them... is Start with Error and Finish with Error.

3 of the Biggest Errors..

It the Boot Black Screen, Yes! I don't know! why i have to get black screen in 100 computer and the another computers

It works fine i could it be?

I mean when you have the credentials Screen... I won't shows up only it show the Background.bmp for couple of seconds... and b00m Black Screen and after 7 seconds ... the computer gets restart.

the understanding in that point.... is when i work hard to try why did i have to re-build every-time again and again the Boot... so i go to 2 from the 100 station... and Start format ... I mean Diskpart.. and format Volume.. and close the computer in the middle when the format is still on 3 percent.

After that the computer get Boot. tell me please how it can be?

after 3 percent ...? and the computer is coming to live?  so...i check again with another computer from the 100 stations...

Again... it works! 

The 2nd Error is about the FinalSummary.

how can i disable the message that showing up when the computer is after Deployments, I mean the Success Windows.

Thanks a lot.

Swim with the X :)

sWime-X

• Edited by sWIMeX Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:09 PM
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:09 PM

All replies

• The 2nd Error is about the FinalSummary?

Ans:

SkipSummary=YES

SkipFinalSummary=YES

Please follow the below steps to skip the credentials Screen

SkipBDDWelcome=YES
    DeployRoot=\\KA01\DeploymentShare$

UserID=Administrator
    UserDomain=kairways.com
    UserPassword=Passwrd@123

SkipAdminPassword=YES

Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:27 PM
  • Kavin natarajan.

Thanks alot for your reply but that is not the problem  :/

The problem is When the Deployment has Success or Failure at the End He popups a Screen and I want to Disable that.

And I have All That Correct.

Also I have Problem with A Black Screen because the LiteTouch has not Cleaned Up when the computer has unexcepted shutdown.

And when i tried to run again Image in same computer it run the background of the  MDT and After 10 seconds the computer goes to restart.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Kavin is correct, if you want to hide the screen at the end, then use SkipFinalSummary=YES.  If there is a different screen you are describing that pops up (maybe something custom?), we would need more information.

Cleanup happens at the end, so if your having unexpected shutdowns during your deployments, this will not have happened.  MDT tries to detect the "Dirty Environment" and then will offer to start new or try and continue what it was doing before.  However, depending on how the shutdown occurred, MDT may not have had the chance to write the last information to disk and the step picked up may be wrong.  Depending on this state, you could see all sorts of abnormal errors.  For the most part, I just start these from scratch as clean to ensure everything is fine.

If you are dealing with a lot of these "unexpected shutdowns", you may want to look for a way to prevent them.  If it's a result of battery, for example, MDT has the variables to check if it's a laptop and if it's got power.  If those conditions aren't met, you could stop the deployment before it starts to prevent the machine running out of power causing a bad situation later.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:29 PM
  • DCtheGeek,

Thank you, but i want to understand i had before problem that MDT 2012 cannot format alot of computers.

so i create CMD cscript  that run diskpart to format Disk 0 Parition 1 = NTFS.

but when i have create that everything work great but..... unexpected shutdowns comes alittle more.

because that, I have to noted, The Built-in Format in the MDT still Online and before this option run... my cscript has force to run it first. 

Bottom line i want to know if there is option to run everytime Dirty Environment Before the Credentials shows up?

maybe from the Customsettings... ? 

Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:39 PM
  • Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:48 PM
  • Can i work with autorun.inf to Run everytime when i want to Start new deployment?

[AutoRun]
    action=Windows Deployment Wizard
    open=wscript.exe Deploy\Scripts\LTICleanup.wsf

Friday, July 05, 2013 9:48 AM