none
Windows 7 64 bit - Download Manager 6.2

Question

• I have a Window 7, 64 bit machine where the Download Manager could not be installed.  I've turned off Pop-up blockers to no avail.  I am the administrator on my box. 

I've tried copying and running ProClarityCtrls.exe but when I try to access a cube, I'm still getting the message that I need to run the Download Manager.

What's a guy suppose to do? 

The Download Manager could not be installed on this computer.

Please try the following:

• Log off Windows, and log in again as an Administrator. 

• Contact the web site administrator to resolve this issue. 

• Use the Standard application, which does not require the Download Manager. 

The Download Manager could not be installed on this computer.

Please try the following:

• Log off Windows, and log in again as an Administrator. 

• Contact the web site administrator to resolve this issue. 

• Use the Standard application, which does not require the Download Manager. 

Werner
    Monday, October 04, 2010 1:18 PM

Answers

• OK - in following your instructions, I was able to install Pro on one machine.  But the second machine was still not running correctly until...

I ran the following program C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ProClarity\Client\ProClarity.html  at that time IE identified an issue with ActiveX being blocked.  Once I allowed ActiveX to execute, Pro came up in the IE window.  Now I can use Pro like...well a Pro.

Werner
    • Marked as answer by Werner H_ Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:15 PM
    Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Werner,

ProClarity Analytics Server checks for the presence of the download manager first, then instructs the download manager to check for the presence of Pro.  If you are unable to automatically install the download manager, you can do so manually.  (Sorry to read it isn't happening automagically - that happens in some corner cases).  Find the PDownloadManager.dll either already on your hard drive or in the source install bits for PAS.  On the drive it's usually located here:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ProClarity\Server\PDownloadManager.dll"  In the source bits, it's here:  "\Install\PAS\Common\ProClarity\Server\PDownloadManager.dll".

You can put it on your system, register it, and PAS should then recognize it and load Pro. 

Thanks,

-Joey

Monday, October 04, 2010 9:24 PM
  • Hi Joey

Thanks for the notes.  I've registered the PDownloadManager.dll from the Server folder.  I also downloaded and manually ran the ProClarityCtrls.exe program.  Yet from IE, when I want to start ProClarity in Professional mode, I still get prompted that the Download Manager is required.

Werner
    Tuesday, October 05, 2010 2:01 PM
  • OK - in following your instructions, I was able to install Pro on one machine.  But the second machine was still not running correctly until...

I ran the following program C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ProClarity\Client\ProClarity.html  at that time IE identified an issue with ActiveX being blocked.  Once I allowed ActiveX to execute, Pro came up in the IE window.  Now I can use Pro like...well a Pro.

Werner
    • Marked as answer by Werner H_ Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:15 PM
    Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:15 PM