none
How do you delete a Deployment Share in MDT 2012

Question

• I moved the deployment share from the C: drive to the F: drive after I did that I had all types of issues. So I decided to delete the share and recreate an new deployment share on F: . However after I removed the deployment share by browsing to the location it was in which was C: and deleting it form there. Then I deleted it from F: as well. My issue is when I try to do a deployment of any image from my new share in MDT it does not work .When I cancel the deployment the error message I get "says cannot connect to the deployment share \\s-sw-xxxxx\DeploymentShare1" which is the share I deleted. I did up date the share after I created the new one. And burned a new cd. How can I remove all shares and clean uninstall of MDT and start over ?

Yes I am new to MDT . I moved the share because my boss told to. Any help you can offer would be great thanks

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 9:26 PM

All replies

• Check Bootstrap.ini and make sure it is referencing the correct share. Specifically, DeployRoot needs to be whatever the valid share is. If DeployRoot is not correct, make the necessary adjustments, then update your deployment share to recreate the boot media.

-Nick O.

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 11:15 PM
  • The bootstrap.ini file points to the correct share. Are there any other places that this info could be other than the bootstrap.ini file ? Is there more than 1 bootstrap.ini file?

thanks

Thursday, February 06, 2014 2:03 PM
  • bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini (you don't need to in customsettings, but I do for good measure) -- and then UPDATE your deploymentshare.  That new config needs to be updated in your ISO.  I usually do a rebuild boot image when moving my deploymentshare.

• Edited by MrBrooks Thursday, February 06, 2014 3:28 PM
    Thursday, February 06, 2014 3:27 PM
  • As MrBrooks is suggesting, it sounds like your boot image needs to be regenerated.

-Nick O.

• Proposed as answer by MrBrooks Friday, February 07, 2014 2:01 PM
    Thursday, February 06, 2014 5:25 PM