none
Dashboard

General discussion

• Hi Guys,

I have a requirements to do a Dashboard. This will be publish
    and display in TV monitor in production. it will display the plan and actual transaction which  the data  came
    from DAX System. Presently we did a Dashboard made in powerpoint.
    it is manually operated, daily we change the data manually. we did not see what actual happening in production.

we are planning to automate the dashboard.
    the requirements will refresh the data every 30 min or every hour or daily.
    can you give me any advice what should i use to make the Dashboard.
    any advice which is applicable to make Dashboard  Excel Powerpivot or SSRS and how? any idea guys.

I will be using sql scrip to pull out or extract data from DAX system.|Thank you in Advance.
    Sample screen shot below:

Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:18 AM

All replies

• Lenoj, is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:21 PM
  • Hi Ed, Yes, same requirements by different source data. it ok if i activate this thead.

Btw, below is my new requirements:

I have an existing Dashboard created

in PowerPoint. the working file is created using Excel file which point or link to Powerpoint which display the result

that came

from the Excel Working file. Source data

came from an SSRS report, when saving the report it is exported to CSV file.

The

current process, They generate raw data from SSRS and exported to csv file. They use open with to excel to open the csv file.

then

filter the records based on Line, then copy the data and paste it into the excel working file with formulas. once copy the data into excel

automatically calculate

and display the result set then run the Powerpoint which is link to excel working file. I did this process every 2 hours.

Right

now more or less 20 productions lines we have which this process is used. every team leader have to make this process to update and display the KPI

per line

and they monitor how the lines ouput is producing.

The propose process

is to automate or programmatically import the CSV file and insert to Excel working file with out user intervention.

Initially they wanted

to run this process every 10 mins.

Btw

, i can configure the SSRS through subscription to generate a report every 10 mins and save to a specific folder.

is

• Edited by Lenoj Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:16 AM edit
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:05 AM