none
Old emails re-appearing in inbox as unread

Question

• Good day,

Recently many users, including myself, have noticed the occurence of old, read messages re-appearing as unread messages in inboxes. Additionally, i've personally noticed that after reading an email, it will be marked as read and within a minute or two return unread status. This does not happen wilh all mails or all users.

I'm not sure if this is an exchange issue or an outlook issue but your assistance will be greatly appreciated. We have an Exchange 2003 sp2 box and users use outlook 2010.

Thanks

Friday, July 19, 2013 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi

You can use OWA to check if the issue happen or not. Dont forget close your outlook while testing.

If OWA works fine, the issue might come from client side

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:36 AM
  • In addition, I would make sure that everything is updated with the latest patches - if you have not done so already.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:48 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can use OWA to check if the issue happen or not. Dont forget close your outlook while testing.

If OWA works fine, the issue might come from client side

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:36 AM
  • In addition, I would make sure that everything is updated with the latest patches - if you have not done so already.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:48 PM