none
Could not install Deep Freeze in Windows 7

General discussion

• I own a small internet cafe 

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on 1 of my PCs and I'm having problem installing Deep Freeze Standard.

Other than Deep Freeze, some software also would not install like Avira Free Antivirus.

On some software, I'm getting an error message 'Cannot be installed on a Server Worksatation' or something like that when trying to install.

The Deep Freeze I have is working well on my other PCs with XP os.

Please help me with my problem.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:46 PM

All replies

• When you have problems with third party software you must contact the publisher of that software for assistance.  They are the only ones fully qualified to assist you with the installation of their software and answer questions about situations such as yours.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:09 PM
  • I have used deep freeze in the past works great.  Also few others you may  want to look into for you internet cafe would be  a program called Drive vaccine its a great alternative to deep freeze along with a freeware called reboot restore rx I believe if i remeber correctly both drive vaccine and reboot restore rx are from the same company.  Another neat program is called clean slate that you can look into as well.  hope this helps you out

Monday, September 30, 2013 5:46 AM
  • First does the version of Deep Freeze that you are using support WIndows 7 or is it the XP version you are using?  Does it support the architecture that you are running?

As Rick states the best thing would be to contact Faronic explain your situation and they will be able to assist with the problem. It's a great product when implemented successfully.

Cheers

Paul | sccmentor.wordpress.com

Monday, September 30, 2013 9:01 AM