none
Is tech support included in Office 365 annual subscription?

Question

• I'm asking this as  I'm on hold for my 97th minute with microsoft phone support. I did speak to one representative, but (a) she didn't seem to know (b) she could barely understand me and (c) she could hardly constructs a coherent sentence.

So... 

Is the tech support for office 365 limited to 90 days following the first subscription date?

Or

Is tech support included in the subscription (ie all year if I opt for annual subscription). If it's this option - then is that perpetual as long as my subscription runs?

(now on 102 minutes and counting...)

Howard

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:19 PM

All replies

• See the link below.  As you can see there is different support levels....they all offer 24/7 support but the lowest plan(small business) is just for critical issues while Enterprise plans cover all issues.  Hope this helps.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/business/office-365-for-businesssupport-options-FX103843554.aspx

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:43 AM
  • I saw those but they only address business packages. I am looking at Office 365 Home Premium.

Howard

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:50 AM
  • Thats the point.....there is no "support" for home users, only business level.  Its like regular Office....home users didn't have support for Word problems directly from Microsoft either.  There is always support on the forums here as an alternative.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:32 PM
  • I thought regular office had 90 days support from purchase date.

With an annual subscription, I purchase every year and with a monthly subscription I purchase very month.

So if I do it annually, do I get 90 days per year? Then if I subscribe monthly I would get perpetual coverage.

FYI - phone support (I eventually got through) told me the opposite to what you said, ie that 365 Home Premium comes with tech support for the duration of the subscription.

So who is right?

Either way, the publicity should clarify this.

Howard

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:40 PM
  • It depends what "support" means to that phone technician.  You can get support on the forums and you can get support through a "Virtual Assistant" on Office 365 but to my knowledge if you call them directly and ask for help with anything other than installing the software they will look for a support contract.  Like you said, the information doesn't appear to be posted on their website so I won't claim to be 100% right.  You  might have to do more digging before you buy to ensure you have the support you need and not just what they assume you need (community forums).

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:08 PM