none
Error adding Slicer to PivotChart: 0x800A03EC

General discussion

Office: MS Office Pro 2010 32 bit
    Excel: 14.0.61.29.5000 (32 bit)
    PowerPivot: Office 2010 PowerPivot version 11.0.3000.0

I had some difficulty installing PowerPivot in Excel 2010, I hit all the "COM addon will not run" proiblems but I now seem to have it working.

I have created a small set of tables in an Excel workbook to use as a data-mart type example. One fact table with a couple of linked dimensions and a date reference table.

I have loaded the data into PowerPivot and inserted a combined (vertical pair) Pivot Chart and Pivot Table.

Everything works fine until I try to add a field to a slicer from the PowerPivot Field list into either the "Slicers Vertical" or "Slicers Horizontal" area, where I get the error-

Slicer Field could not be added. Reason: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

I have stopped and restarted both Excel and the computer, dieabled and re-enabled the COM addin, but this error is persistent.

Strangely, if I add a slicer to the sheet via the Analyze->Insert Slicer option from the ribbon rather than using the PowerPivot field list it seems to work correctly.

I have found plenty of references for other error codes in PowerPivot but not much for this one.

Any ideas on how to fix it woudl be much appreciated.

Regards: colin_e

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 2:54 PM