none
InfoPath Form Web Part Redirect URL

Question

• I am working with InfoPath 2010 and a SharePoint 2010 Publishing site. I have designed an InfoPath form to save to a list.

I then added an InfoPath Form Web Part to a Page and configured the web part properties to point to my infopath form which looks great because it looks like the website.

It all works fine, but I would like to specify a thankyou.aspx page after the form has been submitted. I have tried using the Source= querystring parameter but the result always displays "The form has been closed"

Is there anyway to redirect to another page on the site after the form has been submitted?

If not is there a way to extend the InfoPath Form WebPart to allow users to specify a redirect url as a web part property or am I going about this all wrong??

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 8:54 PM

Answers

• Are you saying that you want it to switch to a new page inside the form web part?  Also, where did you set the Source attribute?  Form web parts don't ask for a URL like that - they only ask for the list that has the form.

My recommendation is to create a custom view that has your thank you text/details inside the view and simply switch to that view when the form is submitted instead of closing the form - very simple.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by O Town Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:24 AM

All replies

• Are you saying that you want it to switch to a new page inside the form web part?  Also, where did you set the Source attribute?  Form web parts don't ask for a URL like that - they only ask for the list that has the form.

My recommendation is to create a custom view that has your thank you text/details inside the view and simply switch to that view when the form is submitted instead of closing the form - very simple.

• Marked as answer by O Town Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:24 AM
  • I too got the same problem.

@Clayton- As per your solution, as this is the infopath form submitted to a list automatically we can't add the rules when a form is being submitted. I see under Data tab, rules- Form Submit is greyed out. So how are we going to apply that rule to switch the view?

@Town- did you find solution to this prob?

Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:24 PM
  • AparnaT, that is incorrect.  It's not grayed out due to being a list.  You can do whatever you want after submit by either using the OOTB submit options where you choose the "custom rules" radio button or by using your own custom button with custom rules.  There is no restriction on this related to list forms.
    • Proposed as answer by AparnaT Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:48 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:56 PM
  • Yep you are right Clayton. After selecting the custom rules option in the submit options I am able to use that Form Submit option. Thanks alot for your reply.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:48 PM