none
FIM Custom attribute is not showing in the FIM MA!

Question

• Dear all,

I created a custom attribute in FIM and I’m trying to get show up in the FIM attributes.

So far this is what I did:

There is something I’m missing L Any guidance is highly appreciate it. 

Warmest regards,

Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:40 PM

Answers

• Solved J

I had to go to enter the password in the “connect to database” window. Then it will ask me if I want to refresh the schema, click Yes then it will show up JJ

Strange that refresh in the MA Right-click menu is not doing the same!

I didn't need to add the attribute in the Administrator Filter Permission and Non-Administrator Filter Permission in Filter Permission, right ?
    That is needed if I'm using this attribute as filter in a set, right ?

Many thanks,

• Marked as answer by oth8man Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:45 AM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 1:47 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you may not have granted anyone access to read the attribute yet.  You can add a new MPR for this (and this is the preferred way), or add the attribute to an existing MPR, e.g., "Users can read non-administrative attributes of other users".

For the synchronization service: do a schema refresh on the FIM MA, and then visit the "Attributes" tab to include it.

Filter permissions are used when creating Sets and Criteria-Based Groups, but don't affect the appearance of the attribute even in those resources' dropdown lists.

Steve Kradel, Zetetic LLC SMS OTP for FIM | Salesforce MA for FIM

Monday, December 31, 2012 4:02 AM
  • Agree with Steve; do a schema refresh on the FIM MA.

Regards, Soren Granfeldt
    blog is at http://blog.goverco.com | twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/MrGranfeldt

Monday, December 31, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Also please note that you need to modify the Person schema on the FIM Synchronization Service Console and add the exact same attributes there.

Also open the FIM MA and go to Select Attributes and Select Show All, make sure you have selected the newly created attributes. Do this after you have RUN the Refresh Schema on the FIM MA.

Monday, December 31, 2012 12:13 PM
  • Thanks all. I did all what you mention already with no luck :(
    Below are the steps and confirmations I made so far:

1 - Create a new attribute "xx" of type Boolean

2 - create a new binding between xx and the User object

3 - Added this attribute in Administrator Filter Permission and Non-Administrator Filter Permission in Filter Permission

4 - Confirmed that General: Users can read non-administrative configuration resources MPR is for All Active People with All Attributes (Even I don't think this MPR is related and I believe it's for controlling what resources to access in the portal for end users)

5 - Did right-click on the MA and refresh

6 - marked Show all in the all attributes window in the MA

7- confirmed that Person is marked in the objects type list in the MA

The result is still the same, xx is not showing in the list :(  

• Edited by oth8man Monday, December 31, 2012 1:37 PM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 1:25 PM
  • Solved J

I had to go to enter the password in the “connect to database” window. Then it will ask me if I want to refresh the schema, click Yes then it will show up JJ

Strange that refresh in the MA Right-click menu is not doing the same!

I didn't need to add the attribute in the Administrator Filter Permission and Non-Administrator Filter Permission in Filter Permission, right ?
    That is needed if I'm using this attribute as filter in a set, right ?

Many thanks,

• Marked as answer by oth8man Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:45 AM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 1:47 PM