none
Windows 8 & Server 2012 Support

General discussion

• Hi

we are starting to get win 8 machines and some 2012 servers in our environment i added a 2012 server and its getting registered as an windows server 2003, i know both OS is not supported by SCE 2010, but is there a time scale for when it is going to be supported? It cannot have been a surprise that win 8 and server 2012 would be released this year.

Regards

Dennis Madsen.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 are not supported currently.

I just noticed there is a new version of Windows Server MP available, please have a try:

System Center Monitoring Pack for Windows Server Operating System

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9296

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:01 AM
  • So what would we use then to monitor and support windows 8?, we are also running SCE 2010.

Is there going to be an update for SCE2010?

Where do I find this information to monitor these answers if they are not available right now?

Thanks

Rob

A Microsoft Gold Partner.

Robert Lavigne Network Operations Manager - Kilobytes Data Solutions.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:55 PM
  • Hi

SCE 2010 will not support Windows 2012 and Windows 8. There is no new version of SCE in the  pipe so I would recommend Windows Intune for client management.

Björn Axell MVP http://blog.advisec.com

Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Wow. that sucks. It would at least be nice for MS to release a client pack for Windows 8 machines for a product we bought little more than a year ago. So it's COMPLETELY wasted and we're all stuck. Intune just doesn't do it for us, SC 2012 is a monster of overkill. SCE 2010 would be fine if it could just detect and let updates happen on Win8 clients.

Curt Kessler - FLC

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:55 PM
  • We also deployed SCE 2010 in our environment about a year ago. Its totally hillarious.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:14 PM
  • For those of you who want to get win 8 and server 2012 to get registeret in WSUS and SCE 2010 console.

http://chapsnet.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/updating-your-wsus-for-windows-8-windows-server-2012/

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:45 PM
  • Nicholas

The product is 3 years old. Can you give a proper explanation why MS is leaving customers hanging out to dry on this? You won't update it to support an OS released 2 years later? That's beyond disgusting from MS.

Why are you even still selling it and Server 2012? The page for SCE 2010 has links to Server 2012 on it. It doesn't mention anywhere that it doesn't support management and virtualization on a 2012 environment.

What a complete joke. You should be ashamed to work for some a disgusting company Nicholas.

Monday, July 08, 2013 1:31 PM
  • Nicholas

The product is 3 years old. Can you give a proper explanation why MS is leaving customers hanging out to dry on this? You won't update it to support an OS released 2 years later? That's beyond disgusting from MS.

Why are you even still selling it and Server 2012? The page for SCE 2010 has links to Server 2012 on it. It doesn't mention anywhere that it doesn't support management and virtualization on a 2012 environment.

What a complete joke. You should be ashamed to work for some a disgusting company Nicholas.

What he says!
    Friday, July 19, 2013 12:56 PM
  • Over 2 weeks ago and no answer from MS.

You answered within a day when you thought you were right Nicholas. Wheres the 1 day service for MS fucking over customers and partners?

Friday, July 19, 2013 2:09 PM
  • I found an "answer" in my Microsoft Volume Licensing Service account.

I purchased SCE 2010 + DPM with Software Assurance and now I have ONE new item!

System Center 2012 Config Mgr Client Mgmt License with Service Pack 1:

Description says "Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager makes it easier for IT to empower users to be productive with a unified infrastructure that delivers and manages rich user experiences across corporate and consumer devices. This license includes use rights to Virtual Machine Manager and SQL Server 2012 Standard."

Comes with a valid Keyfor System Center 2012 VMM, Config Mgr and Endpoint Protection (I also have Forefront Client Security with SA)

In my mind it confirms Microsoft's mindset to discontinue System Center Essentials 2010!

Now if they could address my DPM 2010 purchased at the same time, I would be "peachy".

Randall

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:30 PM
  • trouble is those products are a bit of an overkill for the users of SCE2010
    Friday, August 02, 2013 10:47 AM