none
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation ends on 15th januar ?

Question

• Hi,

I yesterday installed Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation testversion on my PC.

I heard Microsoft will end the trial on 15th january.

I still have 89 days on my testversion, will I be unable to use this past 15th januar?

• Edited by tobmic Saturday, December 21, 2013 9:15 AM
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 9:14 AM

Answers

• You must complete activation before October 31, 2014 to use this evaluation.
    • Once you activate, you have up to 90 days to use the software.

This is what Microsoft says.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

Here is what Microsoft says:

You must complete activation before October 31, 2014 to use this evaluation.

Once you activate, you have up to 90 days to use the software. You can track the amount of time you have left by referring to the “watermark” in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop.

If you fail to activate this evaluation after installation, or if your evaluation period expires, the desktop background will turn black, you will see a persistent desktop notification indicating that the system is not genuine, and the PC will shut down every hour.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 1:38 PM

All replies

• You must complete activation before October 31, 2014 to use this evaluation.
    • Once you activate, you have up to 90 days to use the software.

This is what Microsoft says.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

Here is what Microsoft says:

You must complete activation before October 31, 2014 to use this evaluation.

Once you activate, you have up to 90 days to use the software. You can track the amount of time you have left by referring to the “watermark” in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop.

If you fail to activate this evaluation after installation, or if your evaluation period expires, the desktop background will turn black, you will see a persistent desktop notification indicating that the system is not genuine, and the PC will shut down every hour.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 1:38 PM