none
Low Disk Space on Protected Server

Question

• We have DPM 2007 providing disk drive and system state backups for a Windows 2008 SP2 server. The last few days, the backups have been failing due to low disk space on the protected server. I used SpaceSniffer to view the drive and found that 70% of the space is being used by System Volume Information.

Its my understanding that this directory contains the restore points used by DPM. Is there a way I can flush out the files stored in this directory to try and regain space? I don't want to just delete them outright in case that would affect DPM.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:15 PM

Answers

• DPM doesn't create a restore point for System State Backups locally on the protected server.

For System State backup specifically, DPM runs a windows backup and once the backup is completed it copies over the system state backup file which is stored in a 'normal folder'.

If you have something else being stored under System Volume Information, you need to check what it is but I can say that isn't DPM's fault... :)

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:54 AM