none
Selecting multiple items in power view (excel 2013)

Question

• Hi All,

I have a simple power view report displaying CountryName/CountryFlag/GroupName/and some other details. I have converted this tiles (from design options in powerview). I want to select multiple country flags (from tile) and view the details for only selected countries. But I am unable to do multiple slects (I am trying Ctr key to do multiple selcts). Any help? As per below figure, I want to select Brazil and Cameroon both.

TIA

Nitesh Rai- Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question

Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Nitesh - at the moment it's only possible to select one tile tab at a time. The ability to select multiple tile tabs has been added to the HTML5 Power View preview currently available if you're using O365, alternatively you could try using the slicer control which allows selecting multiple items.
    Monday, March 31, 2014 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Nitesh - at the moment it's only possible to select one tile tab at a time. The ability to select multiple tile tabs has been added to the HTML5 Power View preview currently available if you're using O365, alternatively you could try using the slicer control which allows selecting multiple items.
    Monday, March 31, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Thanks for clarification Rhys.

I am using slicers at moment to do multi-selects but was just thinking I was missing something in case of tiles but your reply suggests that this behaviour is by design. 

Nitesh Rai- Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question

Monday, March 31, 2014 6:22 PM