none
Upper limit on message count

Question

• Is there an upper limit on the number of messages that can be sent using Exchange Server. I am trying to send emails and texts programmatically using EmailMessage and ExchangeService class. The version of ExchangeServer is 2010 (SP1). The message is not getting sent after a random count.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, there is no limit on the number of messages that can be sent using Exchange Server. if it overloads Exchange server’s availability, there would be some delay or stuck mails in our environment.

In this case, we can check the message tracking log to troubleshoot the problematic emails on our Exchange server.
    And here is the path of message tracking log:
    Exchange installing path >transport roles>logs>message tracking

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks,
    Angela

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, there is no limit on the number of messages that can be sent using Exchange Server. if it overloads Exchange server’s availability, there would be some delay or stuck mails in our environment.

In this case, we can check the message tracking log to troubleshoot the problematic emails on our Exchange server.
    And here is the path of message tracking log:
    Exchange installing path >transport roles>logs>message tracking

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks,
    Angela

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Thanks Angela. Would like to confirm- if there is a limit on the messages if the messages are sent to multiple numbers (more than 100 or 1000 numbers) back to back from a single mailbox.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:37 AM
  • Hi,
    I think, the idea is create a Throating policy and assign that to the required user.

For Eg. to create a new policy where the users can send to 30 recipients a day and no more than 1 message per minute, you would use this command:

New-ThrottlingPolicy -Name LimitMessagesSent -RecipientRateLimit 30 -MessageRateLimit 1

To assign it to a user, use this command:

Set-Mailbox -Identity user_alias -ThrottlingPolicy LimitMessagesSent

Regards from ExchangeOnline.in|Windows Administrator Area | Skype:manuphilip@outlook.com

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:04 AM