none
Recover from JRNL_WRAP_ERROR

Question

• I've got an SBS2003 box that im migrating to sbs2011. This server has been nothiing but trouble since we took over support of this client a few years back, I cant wait to get rid of it.  However, then damn thing has decided its gonna bite me in the arse one last time before it goes.

The event log is showing JRNL_WRAP_ERROR... which is a bad thing when trying to migrate. Now I've found this site (http://us.generation-nt.com/jrnl-wrap-error-sbs2003-help-140841531.html) that describes the process for fixing journal wrap. But the problem there is that it deletes the server from the replication set and re-adds it, and presumably replicates off another server... which in this cast doesnt exist. This is a single AD environment.

So is there any way I can get the server out of journal wrap without blowing away the current replication set?

The only other thing I could think of is to build up another 2003 server on their new Hyper-V server and add that to the replication set, replicate everything to that, then have the old server repair itself from there... but im guessing being in journal wrap, it would be unwilling to replicate to  anew server in the first place.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, August 04, 2011 6:02 AM

Answers

All replies