none
Sharepoint Server Search 14 Service Needs restart everyday

Question

• In sharepoint 2010, newly
    added items are not being crawled by daily incremental crawls and we need to
    restart the SP search services in order to regain the original behaviour of
    SharePoint search Service.After restart documents starts crawling.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:50 AM

Answers

• I'm assuming you've tested this by removing the schedule, uploading a file and run the incremental crawl to confirm.

Do you get any entries for the newly uploaded file in the crawl history?

What happens if you run a full crawl?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:07 PM

All replies

• I'm assuming you've tested this by removing the schedule, uploading a file and run the incremental crawl to confirm.

Do you get any entries for the newly uploaded file in the crawl history?

What happens if you run a full crawl?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:07 PM
  • I does not remove the schedule.It is already schedule for daily.No we have not seen any entry in crawl history.I have not check for  Full crawl .
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:58 AM
  • Try removing and re-creating the schedule. Also run a full crawl to confirm that the files that you are looking at are not excluded for some reason.

Once you've done that let us know the results and we can provide more advice/help.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:43 AM
  • I ran the full crawl but documents are unable to search.But when i restart service and then ran full crawl then its start crawling.Daily this kind of activity needs to be perform.Also i have tried the recreating the schedule.But its not working.

Plesae provide the help

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:20 AM
  • What does the system do when you start a full crawl (without re-starting)? The more detail you provide about what is going on the more likely we are to be able to help.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:11 AM
  • Yes i started the full crawl without restarting the system..

Actually we have installed Google Search appliance on our sharepoint server.

After installation of GSA this problem started.

Before GSA everything working fine.

Is this is the  GSA problem?

Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:30 AM