Windows 8 hangs at login screen "Please wait"

Question

• Hi guys,

i installed Windows 8 CP x64 on my Laptop (Dell Latitude E6510) about 3 weeks ago. During these 3 weeks it happened twice that after a normal Shutdown/Restart Windows 8 is showing the Welcome/Login screen but if i press Enter to get to the User Login it says "Please Wait" FOREVER. I waited for about 2 hours but its not giving me the User Login Option. What i tried:

• Simple Reboot -> not working
    • Boot into Safe Mode -> seems to be not possible? (I heard that Safe Mode is not available in Windows 8 by default?)
    • Boot using the Windows 8 DVD and try Repairing Options -> Not working, The automatic repair says it cannot repair Windows and also all other options are not working.

So right now i have no chance to get into the OS anymore. As i said before this is the second time this happened in 3 weeks. (The first time i just reinstalled the whole System)

I searched around the net and found another guy having this issue, but he wasn't able to resolve it and nobody else replied.(http://www.forumswindows8.com/general-discussion/windows-8-spontaneously-hang-please-wait-screen-3088.htm)

Do you guys have any idea what the problem could be?

PS: The first time it was a bare metal installation, this time it's running on a .vhd with no native OS Installation on the Laptop.

Thanks

Stefan

Friday, April 20, 2012 8:19 AM

Answers

All replies