none
Conditional Split to give flag ranks using percentages

Question

• 10=500% greater; 9=400%; 8=300%; 7=200%;  6=250%; 5=150%, 

I have to assign ranks in a column using the percentage data using conditional split and derived column transformation in ssis.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:25 PM

Answers

• Its pretty easy. Follow these steps:

1. The source from which values 10,9,8,7... are coming add a conditional split below that.
    2. Create 6 conditions using the attribute which contains these values, for example <Profit_Rank>
    3. The conditions would go like this : Profit_Rank==10, Name it as Ten(or whatever suits you).
    4. Now similarly create other 5 conditions.
    5. Now add a derived column transformation task below each split.
    6. Add the derived column as required. Name it as your need suffice. In this case I would say <Profit_Percent>

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:15 AM

All replies

• From the little I know yet about SSIS (I started using it yesterday) I would do the Derived column with a condition like this one:

YourTestColumn = 10 ? 500% : 0

something like that nested for all your values and then the conditional split. 

Also, your question is hard to read and I think that's why nobody spend any time to respond your question.

I hope my answer helps you to get the desired result

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:41 PM
  • Its pretty easy. Follow these steps:

1. The source from which values 10,9,8,7... are coming add a conditional split below that.
    2. Create 6 conditions using the attribute which contains these values, for example <Profit_Rank>
    3. The conditions would go like this : Profit_Rank==10, Name it as Ten(or whatever suits you).
    4. Now similarly create other 5 conditions.
    5. Now add a derived column transformation task below each split.
    6. Add the derived column as required. Name it as your need suffice. In this case I would say <Profit_Percent>

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:15 AM