none
how to turn off intranet

Question

•  

I recently got on my computer and started  to surf the web, but to my suprise... a yellow bar appeared at the top and it said that the intranet would not allow me to access any of the pages. I then went to Tools and internet options and got a message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to the restictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your  system administrator." I am the administrator for this computer and I dont know how all this happend!! I dont have a local network or anything like that, it's just a lone computer with me on it. This is driving me insane HOW DOES ONE TURN INTRANET OFF!!!?? Thaks for helping
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:47 AM

Answers

•  

Have you ever installed SteadyState before? If this is the case, the issue can be caused by previous restrictions on the computer. We can reinstall SteadyState and uncheck the following restrictions:

1)      Disable the restrictions in "Global Computer Settings", "Set Computer Restrictions".

2)      Turn off "Protect the Hard Disk".

3)      Unlock all users in "User Settings".

4)      Cancel all the restrictions in each user.  

If you had not installed SteadyState on the computer, please also let me know and we may need to post it to Windows XP system newsgroup.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:10 AM