none
Cannot see all attributes in dimension

Question

• I've a fact table join with a dimension table by a key id.  The dimension table has multiple attributes, i.e. value1, value2, value3.  In the data source views, I can see all the attributes from the dimension.  Not sure what's wrong, but after create a cube I can only see a key id in the dimension.  In the dimension structure, I don't see the other attributes but the key id.

Any idea what's wrong?  

Thanks.

Friday, June 13, 2014 7:12 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

I think you have created the cube using the wizard and you might have missed to select the columns to be created as attributes. To create them manualy try the below.

Right click on the table column and select "New Attribute from column" to create a new attribute

or 

you can drag and drop the column from the data source view to attributes pane to create a new attribute from the column.

Best Regards Sorna

• Marked as answer by Ash_ Friday, June 13, 2014 4:17 PM
    Friday, June 13, 2014 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

I think you have created the cube using the wizard and you might have missed to select the columns to be created as attributes. To create them manualy try the below.

Right click on the table column and select "New Attribute from column" to create a new attribute

or 

you can drag and drop the column from the data source view to attributes pane to create a new attribute from the column.

Best Regards Sorna

• Marked as answer by Ash_ Friday, June 13, 2014 4:17 PM
    Friday, June 13, 2014 9:13 AM
  • Thank you, Sorna!

Friday, June 13, 2014 4:20 PM